First, slice & peel the apples. Then wrap apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in dish; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Put butter, orange juice, and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Pour over dumplings and sprinkle pecans on top.
Bake 30 minutes or so; remove and drizzle with caramel (optional -I added that part).
Serve it up in a bowl, add some ice cream, then drizzle some of that fab sauce over the ice cream for
Quick Apple Dumplings
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 (8-count) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspooon vanilla extract
1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat ovent to 350F. Grease an 8-inch-square baking dish.
2. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into fourths. Unroll and separate crescent roll dough. Wrap each apple section in a crescent roll. Place in pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Combine butter, sugar, and orange juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over dumplings. Sprinkle pecans over top.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until crust is golden and beginning to bulle and apples are just tender when pierced with a fork.
5. To serve, spoon some of the syrup from the baking dish over dumplings. Serve with ice cream, if desired. Serves 8.