Kelly is called monogram kk.
What you need:
- glass block from Hobby Lobby or Michael's (They are cheaper at Hobby Lobby - $9.99, and I buy mine when glassware is 50% off, or use a 40% off coupon.)
- vellum scrapbook paper, with or without design
- stickers to spell your message, or a Cricut to cut the letters out
- ribbon for the edges & to tie around the block
- lights for inside the block (I will show you the kind below.)
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
2. Place your words on the block in your desired layout. You can either use stickers or cut the words with your Cricut. If you cut them with your Cricut, you can either cut them on vinyl and apply them directly, or cut them on scrapbook paper and glue them on.
3. Frame the edges of the paper by hot gluing some type of ribbon down.
4. The side of the block has a removable piece of plastic. Take that off and insert lights in the block. (I never put the plastic cover back on because I tie ribbon around the block at the end.) I prefer C7 lights, which are basically 3 large Christmas bulbs, because the cord has an on/off switch.
However, it's hard to find these except for Christmas time, though there are some places you can order them online. If you can't find them, then I have used a 20 or 30 count white strand of lights, again from Hobby Lobby. They have these displayed next to the glass blocks year round. My Hobby Lobby also recently started selling a single light, which is what I've been using lately and it works fine.
5. Finally, finish it off by tying a ribbon around the block. Here is the finished product with the lights off, and then with the lights on.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Happy crafting. :)