- You are nursing every 2 - 3 hours during the day, and about every 4 hours at night (on average). You definitely are a great eater and make the cutest little noises & sighs when you're nursing. You've learned that laying on the boppy pillow means it's mealtime and you calm down now when I lay you on it because you know you're about to eat...so cute!
- You are GROWING so fast - too fast for mommy's liking! At birth you weighed 7 lbs 9 oz, and when we left the hospital on 5/21 you weighed 7 lbs 5 oz. At your 2 week appointment you weighed 8 lbs 9 oz, and at 3 weeks you weighed 9 lbs 8 oz!! I haven't weighed you this week but I'm certain you've put on (at least) another pound. Where is my baby going?!
- You love to be swaddled, and sleep so well as a little baby burrito. :) You also love to sleep in your bassinet that Aunt Jen got you. You like to lay on your side when you're sleeping or hanging out on my chest.
- June 1st was our very first day together; just you and me all day. We both cried when daddy left for work, but we made it through the day and are growing together as mommy & son. I love learning how to meet your needs and am becoming more confident as a mommy with each passing day.
- You have several nicknames, which should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me - I love giving nicknames! We call you Beebs, and I always tell you I have "Beeber Fever". I think it's funny but you just stare back. I have a feeling you're laughing on the inside though, right? We also call you Bubs, Mister Fister, and Choncho (like the chubby little kid on Nacho Libre). And of course, sometimes we call you E or Manny. You're not going to know what to answer to with all of these names!
- You get the hiccups all.of.the.time! You had them often when you were in my belly, and that hasn't changed a bit.
- You love to stare at lights and ceiling fans. You are totally mesmerized by them and it is so cute!
- I left you for the first time on June 8th so I could go to the chiropractor. My back & neck were killing me from always looking down and loving on you! You stayed at daddy's clinic with him since my appointment was during a time he wasn't seeing patients. You did great, and your daddy teased me forever because I called to check on you 3 times in the (less than) hour that I was gone.
- Here you are with your 1 month birthday gift from my friends in Waco. I am so excited that you will have a gift to open from them each month! You loved the onesies and gas drops they got you this month. :)
Our first month together has absolutely flown by. Being your mommy is the best job I've ever had, and I look forward to our 2nd month together and many more photo shoots! I love you, my precious baby boy. XOXO