- You weighed 12 lbs, 7 1/2 oz, at your doctor's appointment today. That is the 66th percentile, and less than I thought you'd weigh, but you're still a big boy! You're getting a little harder to lug around all day but I still love to do so!
- You are 24 inches long, which is the 83rd percentile. Can't say I'm surprised as I could tell you were a little on the long side. Which leads me to...
- You mostly wear size 0-3 month clothes, though there are a few (large sized) newborn clothes that still fit you. I'm afraid the 0-3 month clothes won't last much longer because as previously mentioned, you are one long little guy. They fit width wise, but some of your onesies & rompers are a little too short and sometimes give you a wedgie. Sorry buddy. Momma's just trying to get her money's worth out of those before moving on!
- You finally love your swing, and this makes mommy so happy!
- You are still nursing every 2 - 3 hours during the day, though you don't nurse as long as you did last month. I think we will try to give you your first bottle this month. I've been saying I'll do it for awhile, but just haven't tried yet. Hopefully you'll take to it well! You are sleeping better at night, and usually go to bed around 8 o'clock, then wake up between 3 - 5 to eat. We still have some crazy nights thrown in there, but you're definitely getting better!
- You gave us your first social smile the day you turned 6 weeks, and it was magical! You get better at smiling with each passing day, and I just love it.
- You still enjoy staring at lights and ceiling fans, and it often calms you down. In fact, last Sunday when you came to Sunday School with me you started fussing a little. I asked the girl sitting by the switch to turn the fan on, and you instantly noticed it and calmed down. Everyone got a kick out of it! It's like it hypnotizes you or something.
- We put you in the Bumbo for the first time last week and you really liked it - for a little bit anyway. It makes you look like such a big guy!
- You stare at me & follow me with your eyes now, and it just melts my heart! It also makes me feel guilty when you do this if I've set you down, though I know it shouldn't since it's good for you to not be held 24/7...at least that's what your daddy tells me. Sometimes I beg to differ though. I'm not so sure you'll want to cuddle like this once you hit middle school. But who knows...maybe you will - we're pretty tight. :)
- You love the bubbling brook noise on your sound machine. Since your pack & play is in our room, I've even gotten where I like falling asleep to it too. Maybe I'll move in your room with you once you move out of ours?
- It's hard to believe it, but you have rolled over 3 times already! It's always when you're doing tummy time...but I have yet to witness it...I'll just find you like this when I turn back around. You are quick! But don't you know you're supposed to be doing tricks for me?! You are my little show pony, after all.
- You still have a variety of nicknames, with the newest this month being Bubba Bear and Mr. Bibbles.
- You do not like a dirty diaper, even if it's just a little dirty. The great thing is as soon as I undo your diaper, you stop crying because you know what's coming. You do this no matter who's changing you, and I think it's so funny. You really are a (male) diva sometimes, Bubbers.
- You have found your hands, and love to chew on them, or anything else you can get your hands on...as evidenced in this picture where you're chewing your monthly sticker. Silly boy!
- You're also quite the chatterbox, and you and I have some great conversations! I love to talk to you about everything...you're a great listener, and give input at just the right times. I swear you recognize the camera too, because you often grunt when I pull it out. However, you grunt a lot in general...so perhaps it's just a coincidence. :)
- Here you are with your 2 month birthday gift from my friends in Waco. I am so excited that you will have a gift to open from them each month! You loved the cute socks and cool carseat toy they got you this month. Perfect timing because some toys are really starting to interest you. :)
Our second month together went by faster than the first, if that's even possible. I am cherishing every day we spend together, and love seeing your personality start to develop. I know this next month will hold many more changes and adventures, and I look forward to all the fun we'll have together! I love you, my precious baby boy. XOXO