You turned 6 months old on November 17th! Yep, that's right - nearly 2 weeks ago. As you will come to learn, mama often runs late...and well, now is one of those times. I know you understand. So what have you been up to this past month?
- You weigh 17 pounds, 6 ounces, which is the 41st percentile. You are 27 inches long, which is the 63rd percentile. You are still growing so fast and are such a big boy. Your cheeks are absolutely delicious.
- You are wearing size 2 diapers, but we'll probably move up to a 3 soon. You are wearing 3-6 month clothes, and I finally packed away all of your 0-3 month stuff. I may or may not have shed a few tears in the process. And by shed a few tears, I mean your dad came to check on me because he heard the wailing sobs coming from your room.
- I forgot to mention this last month, but you are officially a full-time belly sleeper. I have come to terms with this and actually think it's cute because you like to sleep just like I do. :) Sometimes you sleep with your bottom up in the air, and it's just precious. (Just to clear things up, I do not sleep with my bottom in the air. Just on my belly.)
- Moving right along. You are so gassy. You toot all of the time, especially in your sleep. Which leads me to...
- Your newest nickname for the month is Sir-Stinks-a-Lot. And well, it's pretty self-explanatory as to why. As your daddy would say, it's simply because your "intestinal flora" is changing...but geez, Bubs...your diapers are no joke.
- This last month, you really decided you wanted to be a thumb-sucker. And you looked so precious doing it! However, your daddy is strongly against this, so we've been working hard to keep you from doing so. He was a thumb-sucker too, ya know. But he just doesn't want you to go down that road. Something about him waking up at a middle school slumber party sucking his thumb and being scarred with embarrassment for life? I don't know, you'll have to ask him about it. :)
- You have found your feet and love to stick both of your big toes in your mouth at the same time. You get mad when you have shoes or socks on because you can't get to your toes.
- It appears you are learning to throw fits...arching your back, throwing your head back...it sure looks like a fit, but there's no way my sweet baby boy would do such a thing. I suppose you're just stretching, right?
- Oh my word, you have really started playing with toys, and it just melts.my.heart. You will scoot across the floor to get to your favorite little ball, or for that matter, Grandpa's stinky boot. You just love to focus on an item and go for it. And remember last month when I said I might faint when you learned to turn the music on your frog by yourself? Well the day has come, and I still can't believe it. Sometimes we'll just be riding down the road and you'll reach up and turn the music on, maybe because you're bored or something? It seriously blows my mind that you're able to do that.
- Your first tooth (bottom right) finally showed up on November 6th, and the bottom left one came in on the 13th.
- You are not officially crawling yet, but you sure can cover some ground. Your crawling style is what I like to call "downward dog", as in the yoga position. You just bulldoze around and it's so funny.
- You are so much happier when you are sitting up, so thankfully that is something you've mastered this month. You like to scoot around for a little bit, then twist to the sitting position. You are SUCH a big boy! You leave one arm down for balance when you transition like that, but I think soon you'll feel confident enough to go ahead and sit up completely from the crawling position.
- We decided to go ahead and start you on rice cereal on November 9th. You were not a fan. Remember the back arching I mentioned earlier? Yeah, you were definitely doing a little of that while daddy was trying to feed you. We'll start some more yummy things soon, and I am certain you'll have an appetite like your mama in no time flat.
- This month you decided you hate your iron drops. I'm not gonna lie; the smell has always made me want to vomit, so I can't say I blame you. This typically leads to a nursing strike and lots of screaming and crying. Fortunately a little gripe water after the drops usually calms you down.
- Being outside is still one of your favorite things. I'm dreading it getting too cold for us to sit out on the veranda and enjoy the afternoon. You are such a good sport to sit in your Bumbo while I water plants or work on a craft project. You just take everything in and it's so sweet.
- You pretty much tore into your monthly birthday gift from my friends in Waco. You look adorable in the precious onesies they got you, and the teether is your new favorite!