1. What did you do in 2010 that you had not done before?
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions because they always tend to be an epic fail, but I'm working on a post about my New Year's "Goals"...for some reason that word works better for me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No immediate relatives, but my cousin had a little boy named Jonah and several blog friends added sweet babies to their family as well.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately no. I thank the Lord for every day I get to spend with my loved ones.
5. What places have you visited?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I would like to focus more on my relationship with the Lord. As a stay at home mom, my days go by much faster than I ever imagined and are incredibly full. I need to make my time with the Lord a priority every day, not just when it's convenient for me. I also would like to have more time to exercise so I can get rid of this baby weight!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
May 17, 2010 of course...are you shocked? :)
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Surprise, surprise, but that would be the arrival of my son.
In case you haven't realized by now, he's kind of a big deal to me. :)
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just recovering from a c-section.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Definitely my "big girl camera"...I WILL learn to use that this year!
11. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off Patrick's med school loans...and I will probably be giving the same answer in 2020.
12. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"You are My Sunshine"...this has been Manny's favorite song since he was a wee little baby, and he still loves it. I find myself dreaming this song I sing it so much.
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
I pretty much answered this in #6, but I will also add I wish I had been a better blogger as far as documenting our every day life.
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
EAT!!! I pretty much eat like I'm still pregnant. I know breastfeeding is supposed to make you hungrier, but I don't think I can use that excuse anymore. Time to get a grip.
15. What was your favorite TV program?
I love The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and of course The Office. And don't judge, but Teen Mom is like my guilty pleasure...minus the guilty part. :)
16. What was the best book you read this year?
Crazy Love...amazing book; will challenge your walk with the Lord...a must read!
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 30 this year and my husband surprised me with a fun family family weekend at a cabin! I can't believe over a month has gone by and I still haven't blogged about it. I've got to do that soon.
19. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to get too worked up about it, but probably health care reform simply because of the ways it can/will effect my husband's job.
20. Who was the best new person you met?
Other than my son of course, I'm going to agree with several other people who've posted this and say I have met some amazing friends through blogging! I never imagined that something I started doing to keep a scrapbook of our lives would ultimately lead to so many great new friendships for me. It's so fun and I always love meeting new blog buddies!
It has been an amazing year and I'm so thankful for that. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's! See you next year! (Sorry, that 2nd grade joke never gets old.)