October 5, 2011
And of course there was lots of amazing food. I brought one of my favorite recipes that I got from my sister a few years ago. It's always a hit, so I thought I'd share it here. Per usual, I started to take pictures of the process but didn't get further than the ingredients...sorry. :)
1lb. box of pasta
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
16 oz. Heavy whipping cream
2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
10 oz Velveeta
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Combine butter, soup, milk, and velveeta cheese (I cube the velveeta before adding it). Cook on low until smooth and remove from heat, then add heavy whipping cream.
3. Pour mixture over cooked pasta in baking dish.
4. Top with Monterey and cheddar cheese; stir.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
I love this recipe because I think it tastes "gourmetish" and it really isn't that hard - but of course you knew it wouldn't be if I'm making it. :)