We know many of us were shocked and saddened by the death of Julee's husband and baby Preslee’s daddy over the weekend. It’s hard whenever a loved one’s time is cut short, but especially when it touches someone so young. And it has put Julee in the position of single parenting her 10-month-old baby girl, in a way that no one should have to face.
We know that she’s surrounded by loved ones, family and friends that can love on her, mourn with her, and be there for her in ways that many of us can’t. But it has touched a lot of us in Blog and Twitter Land and many want to help in a tangible way. So here is a way that we can come together and honor Matt Turner and offer what support we can to his wife and daughter.
Next week, October 15th through the 19th, we (Life in the Green House, Life Sweet Life, Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land, The Getts Times, SheShe Made) will be conducting a silent auction with all proceeds going to Julee and Preslee.
To Donate an Item*:
- Create a post detailing the item up for auction. Include a description and/or picture.
- On Monday, October 15th visit any of the above blogs and list your item. Make sure to use the direct link to that specific post.
- Once the auction ends on Friday, October 19th, we’ll have you email us with the winner’s name, email address, and the amount of the winning bid. We’ll invoice the winner.
To Bid on an Item:
- On Monday, October 15th, visit any of the above blogs to view the list of donated items.
- If an item interests you, click on the link to read more information.
- To place a bid, leave a comment on that blog’s post leaving your email address and your bid. Be sure to check the list often as new items will be added throughout the week.